:clipboard: A list of styleguides
- How to build a styleguide
- Other Styleguide Lists
If you have used any of these styleguides, please add a comment if you can! The more information, the better. Please look at the contribute file. Thanks!
How to build a styleguide
- A Maintainable Style Guide by Ian Feather of Lonely Planet. Advocates Style Guide Driven Development, which is pretty snazzy.
- Huge's Styleguide Tool A tool to make creating and maintaining style guides easy. Looks pretty decent, with a few uses cases and a significant following on GitHub.
- An In-Depth Overview Of Living Style Guide Tools A good overview of what is out there.
Other Styleguide Lists
- Brand Style Guides. A beautiful website that lists where to find other styleguides. Maintained by @SaijoGeorge.
- UI Styleguides
- CSS Best Practices
- CSSWizardry This is the best there is. Made by one guy who consults for a lot of companies, this document pretty much sets the standards for how CSS should be used. Highly suggested.
- rscss Reasonable Standard for CSS Stylesheet Structure
- Smashing Magazine
- THX Added because this is the first Chinese styleguide I have seen that has any significant amount of stars.
- bevacqua's JS sg
- johnpapa's opinionated sg for AngularJS
- mgechev's community best practices
- srph's AngularJS structure sg
- Todd Motto's for AngularJS
- Dropbox Objective-C Style Guide
- Futurice iOS Good Practices iOS starting guide and good practices suggestions by @futurice.
- Github - Style guide & coding conventions for Swift projects A guide to our Swift style and conventions by @github.
- Github Objective-C Style Guide Style guide & coding conventions for Objective-C projects.
- NY Times - Objective C Style Guide The Objective-C Style Guide used by The New York Times.
- Objective-C Coding Convention and Best Practices Gist with coding conventions.
- raywenderlich Style Guide A style guide that outlines the coding conventions for raywenderlich.com.
- Spotify Objective-C Coding Style Guidelines for iOS development in use at Spotify.
- Swift Style Guide by @raywenderlich The official Swift style guide for raywenderlich.com.
- PEP 8 Offical Style Guide for Python
- PEP 257 - Docstring Conventions
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to Python
Ruby on Rails
- Xerox Publishing Standards - the definitive reference to writing style and design for the business world. Provided courtesy of Xerox Corporation.
To the extent possible under law, Richard Littauer has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.