:clipboard: A list of styleguides
If you have used any of these styleguides, please add a comment if you can! The more information, the better. Please look at the contribute file. Thanks!
How to build a styleguide
- A Maintainable Style Guide by Ian Feather of Lonely Planet. Advocates Style Guide Driven Development, which is pretty snazzy.
- Huge's Styleguide Tool A tool to make creating and maintaining style guides easy. Looks pretty decent, with a few uses cases and a significant following on GitHub.
- An In-Depth Overview Of Living Style Guide Tools A good overview of what is out there.
Other Styleguide Lists
- Brand Style Guides. A beautiful website that lists where to find other styleguides. Maintained by @Saijo_George.
- UI Styleguides
- CSS Best Practices
- CSSWizardry This is the best there is. Made by one guy who consults for a lot of companies, this document pretty much sets the standards for how CSS should be used. Highly suggested.
- rscss Reasonable Standard for CSS Stylesheet Structure
- Smashing Magazine
- THX Added because this is the first Chinese styleguide I have seen that has any significant amount of stars.
- bevacqua's JS sg
- johnpapa's opinionated sg for AngularJS
- mgechev's community best practices
- srph's AngularJS structure sg
- Todd Motto's for AngularJS
- Dropbox Objective-C Style Guide
- Futurice iOS Good Practices iOS starting guide and good practices suggestions by @futurice.
- Github - Style guide & coding conventions for Swift projects A guide to our Swift style and conventions by @github.
- Github Objective-C Style Guide Style guide & coding conventions for Objective-C projects.
- NY Times - Objective C Style Guide The Objective-C Style Guide used by The New York Times.
- Objective-C Coding Convention and Best Practices Gist with coding conventions.
- raywenderlich Style Guide A style guide that outlines the coding conventions for raywenderlich.com.
- Spotify Objective-C Coding Style Guidelines for iOS development in use at Spotify.
- Swift Style Guide by @raywenderlich The official Swift style guide for raywenderlich.com.
- PEP 8 Offical Style Guide for Python
- PEP 257 - Docstring Conventions
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to Python
Ruby on Rails
To the extent possible under law, Richard Littauer has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.